Here is some useful information that may help you to get your child settled into the year.
- Mrs Wright is your child’s class teacher at the beginning of the school week, teaching your children full days Monday/Tuesday and the morning of Wednesday. Mrs Laverack is then your child’s class teacher Wednesday afternoon and the full day Thursday and Friday.
- In KS1 snacks are available to children. All children are offered a piece of fruit, which is provided for by school. If your child would like a drink of juice at playtime they will need 20p per day or £1 per week. This money is collected on a morning, by Miss Baker our class TA, as your child enters the classroom.
- This year your child’s P.E. kit has been provided, and these will be kept in school at all times. Can we please remind you to ensure that jewelry is removed on the day of your child’s PE lesson, or that plasters are provided ,for health and safety reasons.
- Your child’s reading book will be changed on a Monday. Please can you encourage your child to take their reading books out of their book bags and place them into our reading tray on a Monday morning? This would be extremely helpful and much appreciated.
- Spellings will be given to your child on a Monday . These will need to be learnt ready for a Friday spelling test.
- Homework will usually be given on a Wednesday.
Our class pages are constantly updated with information , please keep checking to see what exciting things your children have been doing.
We look forward to a lovely year, working alongside you and your children. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to ask to speak to one of us after school, or arrange a meeting if necessary.
Mrs Wright and Mrs Laverack