We have been super busy settling in and getting on with our learning and playing.
We do many, many different activities each week; almost too many to list!
These are some of our weekly activities that we do during continuous provision time:
- water play
- climbing, jumping, running
- building with large and small scale construction
- craft - painting, cutting and sticking, drawing, model making
- role play in different situations - we love the pirate ship!
- reading and looking at books
- using the small world items - train track, cars, animals, Happy Land
- sand pit and mud kitchen
- musical instruments, dancing and singing
- using the interactive TV for games and mark making
Week beginning 11.9.17 week 2
The first week for our new starters and it has been a great week! All the new starters have settled in well and are getting used to the routines of the class. So well done!
As usual we have been so busy this week. We even had time to fit in a celebration of Roald Dahl in the middle of the week!
On Wednesday we had our Roald Dahl day. Our activities were all based round his book 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and we tasted many delicious treats!
These were our Roald Dahl activities:
- talking about different sweets and tasting them. We had to decide which was our favourite and it proved to be a difficult task
- painting on bread with coloured milk then toasting it!
- colour sorting sweets and counting them
- preparing our own snack by spreading a choice of topping on to crackers
As well as the Roald Dahl day activities we have also done loads more. Here is a list of some of the activities we had the choice to do this week:
- riding the bikes and scooters
- playing in the sand
- using the large climbing frame
- meeting the guinea pigs
- role play in the home corner
- investigating the texture of rice
- building a train track
- using the magnetic construction to build a variety of different things
- junk modelling
- looking at story books
- creating a Mr Potato Head
- mark making on paper or on the chalk board
- role play in the pirate ship
- mark making with paint brushes and water